Sunday, June 30, 2013

Families - July 2013

July 2013
"Families Are Part of Heavenly Father's Plan"
Welcome: Here We are Together (CS 261) - Choose names first!
Birthday: Your Happy Birthday (CS 283)
Baptism: When I Am Baptized (CS 103)
Article of Faith: #8 (CS 127)
Program: Families Can be Together Forever (CS 188)
Fun: The Church of Jesus Christ (CS 77), Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes (CS 275a), Smiles (CS 267a), Rain is Falling All Around (CS 241b)

7th/Week 1: Heavenly Father planned for me to come to a family
Reverence: Listen to songs or sing My Country (CS 224) and My Flag, My Flag (CS 225)
Opening: Book of Mormon Stories (CS 118) verses 1, 2, and maybe 8
Singing: Learn entire Program song + talk about meaning, mention how growing up I longed for the blessings of the temple (since I didn't have them from my parents) and how I worked hard to live right so I was worthy to receive the blessings when I became an adult
Closing: I Am a Child of God, first verse (CS 2)

14th/Week 2: Family prayer, family scripture study, and FHE can strengthen my family 
Reverence: Seek The Lord Early (CS 108)
Opening: Search, Ponder, and Pray (CS 109)
Singing: Learn sign language to first verse of Program song, fun songs for breaks
Closing: Love Is Spoken Here (CS 190)

21st/Week 3: The Priesthood can bless and strengthen my family + Sunday before Pioneer Day
Reverence: Listen to Whenever I Think about Pioneers (CS 222) as children come in, sing 
Westward Ho! (CS 217) - the kids just sing "westward ho!" and I do rest
Opening: The Handcart Song (CS 220)
Singing: Quick review of Program sign language, Review Restoration Medley
Closing: Pioneer Children Sang as they Walked (CS 214)

28th/Week 4: Heavenly Father wants me to marry in the temple and have an eternal family 
Reverence: Truth from Elijah (CS 90)
Opening: Families Can be Together Forever, both verses
Singing: Learn Oh, What Do You Do in the Summer Time? (CS 245), Review third + forth verses of I Am a Child of God, if time permits review other program songs
Closing: I Love to see the Temple (CS 95)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear feedback or get some ideas/tips/helps from my readers! Thanks for sharing :)

*I'll approve and post your comment as soon as I have a chance to make sure it is appropriate for my readers to see