Sunday, November 3, 2013

Program 2013 Thoughts

We made it though our program, yay! It actually turned out very beautiful as the children bore testimony through song and word. My most favorite part was our closing song, I Am a Child of God, when the congregation joined in for the fourth verse and there was a violin playing the descant.

It took a lot of work and was a little stressful to create the program we had, but now that I have a year's experience under my belt and with how wonderful it turned out I'm already pumped for the next year! The songs are going to be amazing! And since we've had a year to bond* I think next year is going to turn out even better for our Primary :)

*Bonding note: Time and experiences definitely have helped in creating a better bond between my Primary children and I, but there was one experience that I think bonded us the most! I did a "marshmallow challenge" to encourage my Primary to perform to the best of their ability. At the final practice I told them that for every song they sang well (with a list of criteria) during the program performance I would set aside a marshmallow. Then, when we had primary later that day I would stuff those marshmallows in my mouth and sing them a song! They thought it was a great idea and the execution of it was the best! The kids were engaged, they were excited and smiling, and as they watched me make a fool of myself there was a bit of magic that touched my heart. ...Did I mention I HATE marshmallows? They thought I was awesome and knew I must really care to do something like that when I can't stand marshmallows. Since then they are even more excited when they see me; they can't help but wave or run up and give me a hug and smile at me. Perhaps the real magic was in accomplishing a big goal of doing the program together, but I'm so glad I did the marshmallow challenge to give that little extra memorable moment and have the wonderful bond that came from all of it. Here's to more experiences ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear feedback or get some ideas/tips/helps from my readers! Thanks for sharing :)

*I'll approve and post your comment as soon as I have a chance to make sure it is appropriate for my readers to see