Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

For the Sunday before Thanksgiving I'll be using a few songs that talk about being thankful.

Opening: We Bow Our Heads (CS 25) - I will either teach this before we sing it really quick during reverent time or review it at the beginning of singing time.

Singing Time: Can a Little Child like Me? (CS 9) - This will be the song we focus on learning during singing time. I will teach it to them and then we'll sing it over and over as we play "hot potato". Whoever ends up with the object we are passing when I "pause" the song will quickly say something they are thankful for.

Closing: Children All Over the World (CS 16) - For the last few minutes of singing time I will teach the children how to say "thank you" in the different languages using THESE pictures found HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear feedback or get some ideas/tips/helps from my readers! Thanks for sharing :)

*I'll approve and post your comment as soon as I have a chance to make sure it is appropriate for my readers to see