Saturday, April 27, 2013

Restoration Medley


The program song this month is one of our choice. Because I have a musical theatre background (or maybe I'm just crazy) I wanted to tell a bit of a story about the restoration... So instead of just keeping things simple (which is usually best) I decided to go ahead and make a medley of restoration songs.

The songs we are using are: The Golden Plates (verse 1), The Sacred Grove, The Priesthood Is Restored, and On a Golden Springtime (3rd chorus).

To prepare for the medley (as well as to give time for it to be composed) a few weeks before my chosen date to teach this song we will learn the songs listed individually. That way when the medley is being taught they already know it for the most part and it's just a matter of fine tuning into a beautiful medley :)

Now, I've never claimed that I am a composer (or even a pianist), so this is probably not written correctly and I probably have made quite a mess of things (I just tried to base it off of singing combined with the bit of musical theory I know...), but below is a link to my attempt at creating a medley to bridge these restoration songs together. Feel free to use it, change it, or laugh at it ;) Good luck!

Find my Restoration Medley HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear feedback or get some ideas/tips/helps from my readers! Thanks for sharing :)

*I'll approve and post your comment as soon as I have a chance to make sure it is appropriate for my readers to see